Tuesday 8 January 2008

First day at nursery

I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs because I've just left Tom at Nursery school for the first time. He is used to be away from me at his childminder's but this seems like a much bigger step. He starts properly next Wednesday but they wanted him to come in for a session when it was quieter (before all the rest of new intake starts). We met his Special needs assistant, she will be there for his full 2 and a half hour session but focusing on him for the first half hour spending the rest of the time with another child with special needs. The first half hour is when they tell the children the plan for the afternoon so for Tom I feel that it could be a good arrangement. We don't want him to have a one to one set up because we want him to be independent, he does however struggle in noise so knowing the plan will help. But then maybe it would be better to have more than half an hour? I don't know I guess we need to see how he does.

Anyway in the meantime I just want to know how he has got on this afternoon, he was soooo excited about going I just hope the reality of nursery school has lived up to his expectations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's school time already huh? Such a big boy that Tom. I'd bet anything that he has a great time and that it'll likely surpass his expectations. At least that is what I hope, for him and for you.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Tom. Be kind to your Mum, this sort of thing is harder on her than it is on you! At least that is how I felt when mine when off to school. And that was age five.